This dish has become a recent fav of mine.. It's easy.. tasty.. and quick.. and I bet everyone will love this one.. kids specially..
|Sorry ... the pic of the complete dish got corrupt :(|
Tomatoes - 2 (large)
Onions - 1 (thinly sliced)
Capsicum - 1 (thinly sliced)
Carrots - 1 (chopped into small cubes)
Optional Vegetables - Baby Corn, Mushroom, Brocolli (chopped into small cubes)
Garlic - 2 flakes (finely chopped)
Baked Beans - 1 Can
Cheese - 1 Cup (grated)
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - to taste
Chilli Sauce - to taste
Tomato Ketchup - 2 Tablespoons
Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
1. Boil Spagetti with water, salt and a drop of oil in a large pan. Once cooked, drain and excess water and keep aside in a sieve. (Do not over-boil..Al Dante would be best)
2. Blanch Tomatoes - Soak tomatoes in hot water for about 20 minutes or till the skin starts cracking. Remove from water and de-skin. Chop the tomato in small cubes. (Tomato will be very watery, make sure you don drain the gooey part - retain that along with the cubes)
3. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
4. Heat Oil in a Non-Stick and saute garlic for about 2 minutes. Add Onions. Once Onions turn pink, add Carrots, Capsicum and the other veggies. (If you are using mushrooms, add them in the end)
5. After sauting the veggies, add the blanched-chopped Tomatoes and Salt. Cover with lid and cook for 10 mins on slow flame.
6. Add Baked Beans and the Seasonings (pepper, chili sauce, etc). Mix well and add the cooked Spagetti and 3/4 cup Cheese. Taste the mixture to adjust salt and spices level.
7. Transfer the mixture to a glass baking dish - sprinkle Oregano and finally garmish with Cheese. Baked for about 10-15 minutes or til the cheese melts.
Our BAKED SPAGETTI is ready... :))
Sending the recipe to Bake Fest hosted by Pumpkin Farm
.. and to New U by Zesty Palette