Seems my posts are kinda following a pattern.. alternating between sweet-dishes & main-course.. so I thought of continuing the trend for the time being :) ..
..sharing a quick & easy CHEESY STRAWBERRY TRIFLE.. for times when you don't have time in hand to prepare a dessert.. or when you just not in a mood to put in efforts.. this one will surely come handy..
Ingredients (for 3 dessert glasses)
Sponge Cake - 250 grams (or Muffins can be used too)
Fresh Strawberries - 15 (for juice, layering & garnish)
Grapes - bunch
Kiwi Fruit - 1
Vanilla Icecream - 1 cup
Strawberry Yogurt - 1 cup/100 grams
Cream Cheese - 2 Tablespoons
1. Prepare fresh strawberry juice by blending 3 strawberries with little water.
2. Dice kiwi, grapes and 8 strawberries and mix together in a bowl.
3. Prepare Yogurt - Cheese mixture by mixing the strawberry yogurt & cream cheese.
1. In a dessert glass, layer the cake slices (1 inch approx) at the base. Moist the cake with fresh strawberry juice (we could use any canned juice available at home instead e.g orange juice or mango juice, etc)
2. Put 2 Tablespoons of the fruit mixture over the moist cake.
3. Pour a thin layer of melted Vanilla Icecream over the fruits - let the icecream pour down through the fruits.
4. Finally, layer the Yogurt - Cheese mixture and refrigerate (no freezer) the glasses for about 30-40 minutes.
Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve chilled :)
This recipe is for:
- Raven's wonderful event - Cook. Eat. Delicious- Desserts with Strawberry hosted by Sizzling Tastebuds..
- Kalyani's 100 day global food festival event..